Year 6 Homework is as follows:
- Maths set every Tuesday due in by Thursday (same week).
- English set every Friday due in by following Tuesday.
- New spelling issued every Friday, test the following Friday - children can choose to learn the full 25 words if they wish. It is encouraged that the children find out the definitions of any spelling words they are unsure of.
- Challenge 5 Reading record - checked every Friday morning to see if children have completed the 'Give Me 5' challenge over the past week.
- Mental Maths - tables learnt independently at home as children have 'Wizz' test every Friday which is an assessment of tables from 2-22.
- SPAG reinforcement through reading.
- Maths vocabulary reinforcement through homework and classwork - the children may be challenged to find out what a word means.